Losing a pet is an awful, awful thing. For National Pet ID Week, I’m bringing back an older post I wrote, with tips on preventing pet theft from happening to you. It’s one facet of how we can lose our furry loved ones; there are more, of course. But in general, having your dog microchipped, having a comprehensive ID tag and implementing some common sense measures can help to protect them.
Read on for our special offer for my Bark & Swagger family!
I use PetHub for our dogs and cat. I feel comfortable knowing I have a 360º solution with PetHub, which has all of these features and options:
* a detailed online pet profile for Sophie, Jasper and Isabel
* a free 24/7 Found Pets hotline
* a QR code (PetHub was the first to utilize this)
* a GPS tracking system
* an NFC Chip – the same technology as the microchip is embedded into your pet’s ID tag
* the “Signal,” a Bluetooth-enabled tag that connects to a free smartphone app, and features a remote LED light and range finder (between 150-500 feet, depending on the model of smartphone)
* their Pet Protect360 (www.petprotect360.com ), where you can get a DNA “genetic paw print” that can be used as a pet theft deterrent.
This week, PetHub is offering Bark & Swagger followers $7 off of your ID tags! Just use the code SWAGGER when you check out.
There’s no time like now to protect our pets. They love us dearly; this is a beautiful way to love them back.
To get useful tips on preventing pet theft, including experts weighing in on their suggestions, here’s a link to my previous post: http://barkandswagger.com/testsite/stop-pet-theft-from-happening-to-you-get-serious-with-these-expert-tips
Have you experienced a close call or actually losing a pet?